craft table coffee table kitchen table shop contact me

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Rainbow Party


First of all, let me just say that I am super excited about being a part of Papercutz! I’ve been a fan for a while now and love everything I have purchased from her; such as  teachers gifts, Father’s day presents, Christmas décor, etc. I love all of her crafty ideas and seeing all of the things she puts together. Planning parties for friends and family is my absolute most favorite hobby, so teaming up with Sarah is going to be a blast!

Below is a theme I have loved but haven’t yet got to do myself. I mean… what better way to celebrate a bright and sunny day of birth than with a colorful RAINBOW themed birthday party!!!  I compiled all of the ideas I’ve found just in case you want to create your own Rainbow themed party.  

The Invitation:

For starters, invitations for a Rainbow party are so super simple. Just download your favorite fonts at dafont.com or go here for 26 Free Retro Fonts.  Then type your invitation up in something as simple as Microsoft Word or Pages using different fonts and colors for each line to get a look like this:

Come Help Us Celebrate the Colors of the
Rainbow
In honor of
Molly’s 4th Birthday
Saturday July 14th
Two Until Half Past Three
Cupcakes and Yummy Treats Will Be Served
at 1234 Cloud Drive


Then just print your invitations on white cardstock squares and glue it onto rainbow printed scrapbook paper:


You can purchase this printable paper collection from Paper Tree House Studio on Etsy.

The outfit…

Check out this adorable skirt from Gymboree 

 and pair it with some bright colored TOMS

 and a white T or tank for the perfect Birthday girl outfit!





Etsy has a lot of fun bright colored tutu’s like this one from Sophias TuTus for your little princess too!


Decorate, Decorate, Decorate.



This is my favorite part of the party planning process. I am not great in the kitchen and can rarely follow a recipe so this is where I find the most joy when planning a party….the Décor!  

I am all about Burlap right now! I use it for table covers, backdrops, table runners, favor holders, etc. I came across the backdrop idea from HWTM and fell in love with it. The rainbow colors just pop!



(I love the wrapped boxes as cake pop or lollipop holders too)



Bright mixed flowers like this tutorial one from One Charming Party are a MUST for table decor!  You could even place an arrangement in the bathroom or the entry way!  



Hang paper lanterns or make tissue poms to hang above the table like they did over at Buggie & Bean! 

These zigzag stripes are so fun! Hang them around the walls for extra added décor!  
We found the tutorial on it over at Oh Happy Day



Follow this tutorial from Ramblings from...The Sunshine State and make a wreath for the front door like this one or order one from our friends at Specs & Wings 

You could hang a rainbow colored birthday banner in front of the table too like they did over at Amy Atlas!

And how fun are these streamers popping out of rain boots and these rainbow ribbon wrapped candy favors? 





 Cake and goodies:

I know my cake would never look like this so I would have to order it from someone but if you are a junior Betty Crocker, give this a try! Serve rainbow colored food and snacks and make a rainbow cake
like the one shown here:



I’m a big fan of cake banners! I especially love garland like this one I found on Pinterest!

 Description: rainbow cake garland

Serve colored candy in fun dishes 
  like they did at the party by Petite Marie.






All kids love gum balls! Add some rainbow colored gumballs in a glass from Save on Crafts!

Description: Glass Canister Set (set of three jars)  $16



Make rainbow coated pretzels like they did at Buggie and Bean!


You can also dress up your cupcakes with our NEW toppers that are now in the SHOP!



Activities!

Let the kids become artists by providing them canvas and rainbow paint Description: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-srx5w05xkDc/TgkisM7QhJI/AAAAAAAABHQ/lHMPZH-Bn1s/s320/2011+Sophia%2527s+Party+148.jpg  


Make a Rainbow rice play table: 
 Add Shovels and buckets for more playtime fun!

Create a fun photo backdrop with balloons and confetti. How fun is this!!! 

Description: rainbow party invite picture 


A few other ideas:

Rent a commercial snow cone maker and make rainbow treats. Here is one we bought from Bed Bath and Beyond for the kids this summer:
 Description: https://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/375941_10152011443995107_1615519734_n.jpg

I saw this idea in Parents Magazine


Buy premade ice cream sandwiches and cover the edges with rainbow colored sprinkles. Wrap with strips of wax paper and Japanese washi-tape like these from Pretty Tape

for a mess free yummy dessert!!!!






Give your drinks some fun flair with some adorable paper straws and tags from Papercutz and serve drinks in old mason jars:


I found this cute idea on Setting the Mood. Cupcake liners as lids….. Genius!

Embellish with rainbow birthday straw tags by Papercutz!






Favors:


Our Rainbow Hershey Kiss Stickers
are NEW and now in the SHOP!


Buy these plastic alphabet magnets 
 you see in stores and spell out the guests names. 

Description: Megcos Magnetic Lowercase Letters 36 Pieces -Affordable Gift for your Little One! Item #LMID-1097


Wrap them up in cute chevron bags  

with fun colored twine and give them to your guests as they leave!





As always, you can order custom banners, party hats, cupcake toppers and more at the Papercutz Etsy shop!





3 comments:

  1. Yay Brit!! Excited for you! You are a creative talented person! :) love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow so many awesome ideas. You two are going to rock together. Great blog. I love all the rainbow ideas. makes me wish I had a girl!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...